10 things you must do to sell more real estate in 2021
- Visuals sell. Make video, drone footage, and photos part of your sales pitch.
- Clients expect you to use technology, so use it. Electronic signatures, video, safe entry, and visitor tracking used to be nice-to-haves, and now they are expected.
- Update your website, and link your website to your social media profiles. Please update your pictures on your social media as well as your website. Update your expertise on your website. Include social proof and testimonials throughout your website. Remember, for most Americans buying a house, this represents the single largest purchase they will ever make. They want to make sure you are up-to-date, trustworthy, and knowledgeable.
- If you are not on any other social media platforms, make sure you are on LinkedIn, with professional-looking photos, solid testimonials about your real estate knowledge and experience, and cite your relevant experience. People are vetting you on LinkedIn, and if you are not there, they will move on to someone else.
- Make sure that you are using social media to help identify and clarify what it is you do for your current and potential clients. If I looked at the last five posts on any of your social media platforms, would I know what you do for a living or would I just know how cute your dog is?
- Answer Questions. Be a source of knowledge online. If you don’t know how to promote yourself on social media, and you hesitate about what to say, get someone to ask a question about something that you know, and then answer that question on the social media platform.
- Become a trusted source of information in your specialty area. Position yourself as the expert in your niche. You will not drive people away who are not in your niche by being known as the go-to person in your niche. People want to know they are dealing with someone who is very good at what they do.
- Treat referrals like the precious gift that they are. A referral is a gift. You need to guard it, nurture it, protected, and give it the attention it deserves. A referral is someone else’s trust in you with their friend, their relative, or their client. Make sure you deserve and continuously earn that trust.
- Make your marketing different, entertaining, and fun. If you paid attention to the Super Bowl ads, you know that the most memorable ads for the products were those that were entertaining.
- Make the process easy for your clients. Very few people would say that the home buying process is easy and fun. If they cannot say that it is easy and fun, we need to find ways to make it at least less painful.