A Father’s Day Tribute
My Mom and Dad celebrated their 50th anniversary yesterday, and Father’s Day is tomorrow.
Dad provided me with great advice over the years (and he probably didn’t think I heard all of it) but I was paying attention, at least part of the time.
So Dad, in honor of Father’s Day and your Golden Anniversary, and all of the dads out there – A Few Things I learned From Dad.
1. Always carry enough cash to get home on your own.
2. You don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate.
3. Life isn’t fair. Get over it.
4. They can’t tell you “no” until you ask.
5. Plan your work and work your plan.
6. Numbers don’t lie.
7. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes. Respect where they come from.
8. Business is about relationships. People do business with people they like.
9. Not everyone is going to like you or what you represent. Get over that, too.
10. It is easier to sleep at night when you do the right thing.
11. You are responsible for your community. Get involved. Give, give, and give some more.
12. To whom much is given, much is expected. Work hard.
As you can tell, I am very fortunate.