10 Ways to Reduce Stress and Be Happier.
We are often stressed about unresolved tasks that hang over our heads. Most of us feel as though we have too much to do, and we feel as though we don’t have enough time to do everything. World events, our jobs, family issues, and community commitments often causes us to add to our stress bucket.
What can you get off your plate, resolve, or delegate so that you have more time and resources to devote to doing the activities only you can do, or for those things that you want to do??
- Automate bills and paperwork
- Resolve legal, tax, or financial problems
- Clean and organize your living space
- Clean and organize your office space
- Only do volunteer work that helps your business or your soul
- Decrease time with people who cause you stress
- Outsource errands as time and money permit (such as grocery delivery)
- Declutter unnecessary items from your life such as clothes and household items you don’t use, items in boxes you don’t look at. Tip: Resolve to purge a drawer once a day.
- Don’t increase your stress level by making promises you don’t want to make.
- Say no to extra commitments kindly and firmly.
“I don’t have the bandwidth to do that well right now.”
“That does not fall under my purview.”
“I already served on that committee. It is time to give someone else that opportunity.”