Money Smart: Personal Finance to Live Well
Money Smart is directed toward 18-30 year olds who want to build wealth and live well. Easy to read, and quick to implement, this guide explains:
- how to buy a car,
- whether to rent or buy a house,
- how to develop effective saving and spending plans,
- how compound interest works,
- how to plan for retirement, and
- how and where to invest.
Dr. Mary Kelly was once asked if she was afraid of the risk involved with investing. Mary’s answer was, “I am far more afraid of having to buy cat food when I don’t have a cat.” This became part of the many personal finance courses Mary has taught for three universities to thousands of students. Money Smart is dedicated to Mary’s students, with the hope that they will make smart decisions, live well, and help others. Being smart about personal finances has never been more important. Start now! Perfect for college students, new managers, or anyone who needs guidance and motivation on how to be smart with money.
Money Smart is dedicated to my students, with my hope that they will make smart decisions, live well, and help others. Mary has been published by: The Wall Street Journal, the Denver Business Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, Yahoo Finance, News 9, PR Newswire, Seeking Alpha, KCTV, Reuters, Vimeo and eMag. Read full article…
In Case of Emergency, Break Glass!
A systematic and humorous program to organize important life documents.
5 out of 5 people surveyed discovered that none of us are going to live forever.
If something catastrophic happened to you today, would your family know what to do? Would your office staff know what actions to take? If you had to evacuate, could you grab all of your important paperwork in less than 30 seconds?
The reality is, no one wants to think about the time when they are not around. No one ever thinks anything tragic is going to happen to them.
Great leaders need to make sure they are personally prepared, that their families are protected, and that their employees have their important life documents in order.
Can we do all of this in less than an hour? Yes!
Can Mary guide us through what we need to know? Yes!
Can it be funny and entertaining? Yes!
– Understand and assemble an organized system of life paperwork including letters of instruction, wills, trusts, health care directives, insurance, and end of life planning with Mary’s In Case of Emergency, Break Glass! workbook.
– Assess the needs of a personal business plan that does not involve you.
– Design a legacy plan that encompasses your business’s specific needs and protects your family.
– Get the important paperwork and critical information in ONE place so your personal representative can start right away working on your behalf and protesting everything you work for.
Less than 40% of Americans have a current will, and a will is only the beginning. Don’t be left unprepared!
Not sure if you need this session? Take the 30-second “Are You Legally Organized?” quiz at www.Organize-You.com.
Many organizations are so busy with the day-to-day operations that they are challenged to find time to think about and plan for, the future. Holding a strategic planning retreat or event is vital is making sure your organization is moving forward in the right direction, with the plans and processes in place to maximize efficiency.
Once the vision and mission are clear, we facilitate the action steps needed to make the vision into reality.
We customize every strategic planning session according to your needs, timelines, and personalities. We work with you and your team to develop a comprehensive plan that coalesces your team and provides a framework for even greater success.
As with our keynotes, we conduct research before the event. We also interview key people and a cross-section of the management team, employees, and if applicable, board members. To be your partner in success, we want to make sure we understand what is important to you and your organization. We create an agenda based on the time available, and we outline and guide the process.
Strategic planning is difficult because it involves deep thinking and change. Managing these components while making sure the group achieves their goals is part of our specialty. During strategic planning group often get sidetracked or off-course because discussions frequently migrate to past experiences, false starts, or topics. We effectively guide senior leadership and the team to stay on track and focused on the current topics.
When topics are concluded we create an action plan that defines the activity, the point of contact responsible for its accomplishment, and a timeline.
After the strategic planning event we create a summary of the discussion and the action items. We can also provide a system of accountability to establish milestones and help the team achieve the agreed upon actions for the organization’s success.
- Clearly define goals of the organization
- Develop an agenda for the event so time invested by the team is maximized
- Articulate the goals of the strategic planning retreat
- Ensure that everyone’s voice is “heard” and all opinions are considered
- Participate in lively discussions that promote creative thought
- Create results that everyone supports
- Define action plans
- Create follow-up system so everyone understands their roles
- Strengthen leadership camaraderie and communication
- Implement strategic planning tools and processes