Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success
Thousands of leadership programs tell you how to be a great leader. Far fewer delve deeper into the surprisingly common mistakes supervisors, managers, and even CEOs unknowingly make that derail their team’s effectiveness and productivity. Using real scenarios and examples collected through their combined years of leadership and management expertise, Mary Kelly and Peter Stark examined data from over 100,000 employee surveys to pinpoint the 7 most common reasons some managers fail while others are so successful. Whether in your first year of management or your 30th, Why Leaders Fail shows participants hidden pitfalls and how to avoid them. The program also outlines specific actions that ensure success. Based on the book of the same title, this content-rich, data-based program is also entertaining and full of actions that participants can use to further develop their leadership skills, outcomes, and organizational morale.
- Gain insight into behaviors that may be sabotaging the loyalty of your direct reports.
- Understand why your top talent may not be performing up to their potential.
- Gain tools to help you align team goals with the organizational mission.
- Gain awareness of how you are perceived by your direct reports, peers, and supervisors.
- 49 actionable prescriptions for success.
- Free access to a personalized leadership assessment to identify your leadership
strengths and weaknesses.
Master Your World: 10 Executive Strategies to Improve Productivity, Profits, and Communication
Leadership is creating a vision as well as executing the strategy. Leadership is also why people, and companies, succeed or fail. Some people believe leadership is limited to the people at the top, but real leadership happens at all levels in every organization. True leaders strategically plan and implement long-term programs to take advantage of talent and increase morale throughout the organization.
Everyone benefits when leaders apply three core techniques, and then refine them with seven critical applications. Engaging and immediately applicable, this inspirational program is packed with templates and tools so leaders can achieve optimal results.
- Learn what most employees are not getting from their leaders and managers that they need to be more effective.
- Implement actionable items to create cohesive teamwork and better engage those around you.
- Improve personal and professional productivity with less stress.
- Discover how to best use your networks and relationships to further your influence and your business.
- Find the keys to being happier and more productive at work (and at home) by applying the Master Your World techniques.
360° of Leadership – Steering Around the Icebergs
Navigating the World of Leadership
Great leadership is an upside down pyramid. You as the leader are there to support the people working for you. Great leaders build effective teams and remind managers and leaders to communicate, develop employees, listen, and strategize for optimal results.
- What to consider as you assume a new role with new responsibilities
- How to communicate effectively with your diverse workforce
What most employees wish their leaders knew
- Ways to use the strengths of your workplace demographics
- How to motivate employees even without a budget
The military asks employees to sleep at work. You probably don’t expect your people to work for several weeks without a day off. Learn the secrets of leadership and motivation from a 21-year Navy veteran who lead multi-cultural teams all over the world in this thought-provoking, action-packed session. Designed for teambuilding, experienced managers, and senior management.
Leadership Confidence for Women in Business
Many people struggle with developing and maintaining confidence, yet confidence is extremely important in how well we succeed in our business world and our personal lives. People who lack self-confidence can find it difficult to become successful. Others perceive lack of confidence in ourselves as our inability to possess the necessary skill set to be successful. If we do not believe we can do well, how can we convince others that we are capable of a project, a promotion, or future possibilities? When we doubt ourselves, others doubt us too, then our opportunities decrease, and our lack of success becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.Those who speak clearly, who project trust, and who can answer questions with authority persuade people others to believe in them. Confident people inspire confidence in the company, the projects, and their teams. Gaining the confidence of others is one of the ways people find success.
Do you need more confidence in your life?
Can you act, feel, and appear more confident than you feel? Yes.
Is confidence contagious? Yes.
Can confidence be learned? Yes.
Can confidence be developed? Yes.
We gain a sense of confidence when we view ourselves as possessing skills in specific subject areas, when we appreciate our talents, and when we develop the techniques that build confident actions.
Change Management: Survive and Thrive in the New Economy
Change is fun for some people, but miserable for others. Personality type, job position, seniority, and past experiences all determine how different people react to the idea of changing the way they conduct business. Understanding how people will react and addressing their concerns in advance of implementation can determine the success or failure of the new process.
Change management is a critical part of any organization that leads, manages, or enables people to accept and embrace new processes, technologies, systems, structures and values. This fun and interactive experience explores how health care professionals can maximize new opportunities and help others understand the change process.
The intent of effective change management is to:
– Address the concerns and barriers of the people who will need to adopt the new methods.
– Address the concerns and trepidation of the supporting roles.
– Overcome the uncertainty obstacles that impede necessary change to achieve greater effectiveness.
– Ensure that everyone in the organization is ready, willing, and able to perform their role in the new environment.
– Outcome: Through an entertaining and interactive session focusing on leadership at all levels, increasing productivity, and how to enact change, participants will understand why the program is being implemented, how it is going to benefit them, and why adapting to the new system is in their best self-interest. We overcome ambiguities, barriers, resistance, and reluctance to change behavior and methodologies.
Management Tools for Supervisors
Are your managers as effective as you want them to be? Even though many business schools teach management theory, actual application can be tough, especially for first-time managers. Attendees learn three key points and application processes that every manager should remember when dealing with projects, deadlines, bosses, and subordinates. Audience examples are used, and real issues are addressed in this highly interactive seminar. Highly recommended for customer service team leaders, managers, and as a team-building session.
Lack of Recognition
Lack of Empowerment
Don't like their Boss
2 million Americans voluntarily
leave their jobs every month.
Forbes / Accenture
STOP THE INSANITY
Be a true leader. Take care of your team.